Friday, October 10, 2014

7th period Chinese Level I October 10, 2014 Friday

As a teacher I was a little bit frustrated today with this class. I distributed two sheets of papers to students and tried to explain in Chinese that they need to read the story and answer the questions in pinyin. It was simple and easy but students EXPECTED ME TO SAY IT IN ENGLISH and complained they didn't get it. I explained several times and several students still didn't get it. For me, I do not know why those students would think that I expected them to TRANSLATE the questions in English. I haven't asked students to translate a story or questions into English on a written paper at all. Truly no idea where they got the concepts that they need to translate the questions. They don't even know what it mean when I said "answer the questions in pinyin." Ahhhhh!! Of course, I apologized my frustration. After the reading exercise, we played shuttlecock and the student who can keep it in the air longest may win over a new shuttlecock and it was Travis Wilson who could kick 19 times in 3 tries. Amazing. I told the students if there is an answer in the story, answer the question based on the story; if not. create their own answer. For example, Question #2 is asking what nationality the girl is, there is no clue in the story so students may generate their own.

(yǒu)()()()(hái)()(de)(míng)()(jiào)(měi)()(měi)()(yǒu)(zōng)()(de)(tóu)()(zōng)()(de)(yǎn)(jīng)
(měi)()(yǒu)()(zhī)(māo)(māo)(de)(míng)()(jiào)()(mèi)()(mèi)(yǒu)(jīn)(huáng)()(de)(yǎn)(jīng)(jīn)(huáng)()(de)(tóu)()
()(tiān)(měi)()(zhǐ)()(zhǐ)(hàn)(bǎo)(bāo)(měi)()(de)(māo)(kuài)(kuài)(pǎo)(dào)(hàn)(bǎo)(bāo)()()(zhuā)(le)(sān)()(hàn)(bǎo)(bāo)(chī)(le)(měi)()()(gāo)(xìng)()()(le)

1. ()(hái)(de)(míng)()(jiào)(shén)(me)
2. ()(hái)(shì)()(guó)(rén)
3. ()(hái)()(suì)
4. ()(hái)(yǒu)(shén)(me)(yán)()(de)(tóu)()
5. ()(hái)(yǒu)(shén)(me)(yán)()(de)(yǎn)(jīng)
6. ()(hái)()(huan)穿(chuān)(shén)(me)(yán)()(de)()(fu)
7. (sheí)()(huan)穿(chuān)(zōng)()(de)()(fu)
8. ()(hái)(yǒu)()(zhī)(gǒu)(shì)()(shì)
9. (sheí)(yǒu)()(zhī)(māo)
10.  (māo)(de)(míng)()(jiào)(shén)(me)
11.  (māo)()(suì)
12.  (wèi)(shén)(me)()(hái)(zhǐ)()(zhǐ)(hàn)(bǎo)()
13.  (wèi)(shén)(me)()(hái)()(gāo)(xìng)
14.  (wèi)(shén)(me)(māo)(gāo)(xìng)

15.  (wèi)(shén)(me)(māo)(kuài)(kuài)(pǎo)(dào)(hàn)(bǎo)(bāo)()()

No comments:

Post a Comment